- International Workshop on Ethics and legal systems of AI and Robots
This is an International Workshop on Ethics and legal systems of AI and Robots that is being co-organized by our Center.
- Public symposium "Beyond deep learning - toward fusion with symbol reasoning"
This is an public symposium on next generation artificial intelligence that is being co-organized by our Center.
- Gakunaikoho (for communication across the University of Tokyo) May 2017 No. 1496 (2017.5.25) page 7
- Press conference on “Establishment of a Next Generation Artificial Intelligence Research Center at the University of Tokyo”
- AI and Society
This is an international symposium on the theme of "artificial intelligence (AI) and society" that is being organized by our Center.
In this symposium, invited national and international speakers, who are leaders in the field of AI from both industry as well as academia, will discuss various aspects of state of the art AI technology and its social impacts.
We hope that this symposium will act as a trigger to achieve a deeper understanding of AI, enable the Japanese AI community to actively develop contacts with its international counterpart, and generate a stream of contributions to society through enhanced exchanges between industry and research institutes.
- ALIFE 2018: A Hybrid of ECAL and ALife: A hybrid of the European Conference on Artificial Life and the International Conference on the Synthesis and Simulation of Living Systems
This is an international conference on artificial life that is being co-organized by our Center.
- UTokyo Reaserch "In pursuit of artificial intelligence with a human mind"
- Nippon Keidanren, the 21st Century Public Policy Institute "Towards the full-scale spread of artificial intelligence" Symposiums
- Beneficial AI Tokyo
This workshop, co-organized by our Center, was held in association with the symposium on AI and Society to explore the challenges of building an effective global community to ensure that the development of AI is safe and beneficial for all, with a particular focus on Japan. The participants from academia, NPOs/NGOs, and industry expressed commitment to working towards AI for good and endorsed a Conference Statement ‘Cooperation for Beneficial AI,’ which is now publicly released.
- 2017/11/25-26 The sixth workshop on the Developmental Neuroscience Society of Japan
This developmental neuroscience workshop was co-organized by our Center.
External funding sources
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) Projects to Research and Develop Next Generation Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Basic Technologies
- Donations from NVIDIA